Lunar Series coins have been available from the Perth Mint since 1996. However, it wasnt until 2020 that these collections gained a Platinum Coin. With the debut of the Lunar Series III collection in 2020, the Perth Mint introduced its first-ever platinum lunar coin. This option continues throughout the series and is available in the year-two release of the Lunar Ox.
- Available to you in an individual acrylic capsule!
- 2nd year of issue in the Lunar Series III collection!
- Limited mintage of only 5,000 coins!
- Contains 1 Troy oz of .9995 pure platinum in BU condition.
- The face value of $100 (AUD) is fully backed by the Australian government.
- On the obverse is Queen Elizabeth II.
- The reverse depicts an adult ox amidst bamboo stalks.
- Created by Ing Ing Jong.
The Perth Mint introduced its first platinum coins in 1987, but never issued platinum on a regular, annual basis. The introduction of platinum bullion coins by the Perth Mint increased in recent years with the release of the Australian Platinum Kangaroo in 2018, followed quickly by the Australian Platinum Lunar Series III coins in 2020.