The Chinese Silver Panda is a very popular Silver Coin. Available from the Chinese Mint since 1983, today this silver bullion coin is a must-have item for many investors. The coins are available with a new design on the obverse side each year. Coins are issued in varied years based on availability at time of purchase.
- Arrives inside of protective plastic!
- Available since 1983!
- Last year for 1 oz is 2015.
- Contains 1 Troy oz of .999 pure silver.
- The face value of 10 (Yuan) is fully backed by the Peoples Republic of China.
- On the obverse is the Giant Panda species in preparing for its meal
- The reverse includes the Temple of Heavens main building.
The Chinese Silver Panda coinage has a unique coining history. When the Chinese Mint first issued the coins in 1983, the silver coins were available only as a proof option that weighed less than one Troy ounce and had a purity level of .900. This was the case from 1983 to 1985. It wasn’t until 1987 that the Chinese Mint issued the Silver Panda with standardized 1 Troy oz weight and .999 pure silver content.