The 2023 Gold Britannia 1oz coin is loved by investors and collectors, and is particularly well known for its security. The Britannia leads the way in Bullion Security, while also offering a brilliant design and ultra-fine .9999 purity gold. 2023 marks the final year of Queen Elizabeth being featured on the Britannia, making it one of the most collectable gold coins in the world.
Gold Britannia Design
The design of the Britannia has seen a few changes since it was first released in 1987. The obverse of the coin features the fifth-generation effigy of Queen Elizabeth II, while the reverse depicts the classic 1987 of Britannia, a warrior bearing the Union Flag with an olive branch for peace.
While the effigy of Queen Elizabeth II has seen a couple updates over the years, the main difference between the 2023 coin and older Britannia coins is the reverse image. Throughout the years, the design has featured Britannia in a number of different styles:
- 1997/2009: The Charioteer:
- 2001: Britannia & The Lion:
- 2003: The Britannia Helmet
- 2005: The Seated Britannia
- 2007: The Wreath Britannia
- 2008: Britannia & The Waves
- 2010: The Profile Britannia
- 2011: The Union Flag Britannia
- 2013: Britannia and the Owl (Proof)
- 2014: The Globe Britannia (Proof)
- 2015: The Naval Britannia (Proof)
- 2016: The Warrior Britannia (Proof)
- 2018/2019 Britannias: Guilloche Design
Along with a few other special editions.