A beloved legendary figure in English folklore dating back to the 15th Century, Robin Hood has been featured in ballads, plays, books, and more recently, in films. The animated “Robin Hood” movie released in 1973 which still remains popular today. Famous for his skills as an archer and swordsman, Robin Hood is commonly depicted in adventures with his band of Merry Men, including Little John and Will Scarlet. Together, they famously “steal from the rich and give to the poor” all while evading the antagonistic Sheriff of Nottingham. Robin Hood’s lover, Maid Marian, has also evolved as a character throughout the years. Widely considered a lady of noble birth with a rebellious streak, Marian sometimes accompanies Robin on his adventures. Celebrate Robin Hood, Marian, and the Merry Men with this striking gold coin!
The obverse features the bust of Queen Elizabeth II, surrounded by inscriptions.
The reverse showcases a gorgeous design of Robin Hood standing on a tree branch. He draws his arrow back while wearing his sword at his side, ready for whatever action awaits.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- First release of The Royal Mint’s Myths and Legends series.
- Individual coins come in protective plastic. Multiples of 10 coins come in Mint tubes.
- Obverse: Displays the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with the face value of 100 pounds on a guilloche design.
- Reverse: Features an artistic design of the famous legend, Robin Hood.