Fast and Free Shipping on Most Orders!

Customer Reviews

Family Owned and Operated Since 1989

35 Years Offering the Lowest Prices – Guaranteed!

Offering Real Time Pricing! Purchase Online 24 hrs a day, 7 Days a week!

Speak with a coin expert

Protect your wealth

from the next recession

Guidance Corporation BBB Business Review

Guaranteed Lowest Price!


100 Francs Napoleon III Gold Coin Laurel Design Dated – 1862-1869

100 Francs Napoleon III Gold Coin Laurel Design Dated – 1862-1869


100 Franc Napoleon III AU French Gold Coin Dated 1862-1869 reflecting the Laurel Wreath image.  Struck during the reign of Napoleon III, these classic French Gold coins would be a perfect addition to any Gold coin collection.

Coin Highlights:

  • Contains .9330 oz actual Gold weight.
  • 100 Francs Face Value
  • Coins are in Almost Uncirculated Condition.
  • Obverse: A bust of an older Napoleon III with a laurel wreath on his head and designed by Desire-Albert Barre
  • Reverse: The value and 1862 date surrounding the French coat of arms.
  • Minted at various French Mints during 1862-1869

Additional discount of $50.00 per Monster Box applied at checkout for purchases of 1500 oz or more. We will also provide further discounts for purchases above 100 oz of Gold or Platinum, please call 1-800-526-7765 for details. We will beat any competitor's price!


The largest denomination of French Francs issued in the 19th and early-20th centuries was the 100 Franc coin. The lone figure to feature on these coins was Napoleon III, one-time President of the Second French Republic and the long-time Emperor of the Second French Empire.

Each 100 Francs France Gold Coin available in this product listing comes to you with a protective plastic flip. These former circulation gold coins feature 90% gold content, with copper making up most or all of the remaining 10% of the metallic alloy. These coins come with the date range of 1862-1869 reflecting the senior portrait of Napoleon the III

Coins in Almost Uncirculated condition will show only extremely light signs of wear or trace friction on the highest relief points of the coin. Most coins have medium or near-full mint luster still. Please note that JM Bullion does not guarantee a specific date mark in advance. All coins are chosen at random after your payment has cleared. If you buy multiples, you may get matching designs and dates.

The obverse of 100 Francs Gold Coins features the right-profile effigy of Napoleon III. This particular denomination was issued only during the Second French Empire, with Napoleon III shown in one of two different designs. The first design was used from 1855 to 1859 and shows a younger Napoleon III without a laurel wreath, as designed by Jean-Jacques Barre. A subsequent 1862 to 1869 design from Desire-Albert Barre features an older Napoleon III with a laurel wreath on his head, which is what you will receive in this listing.

On the reverse of 100 Francs France Gold Coins, you will find the coat of arms of the French Empire. This design features an ornate shield with swords crossing through the design and an eagle on a smaller shield at the center. You will find edge lettering on these coins as well, with the French phrase DIEU PROTG LA FRANCE.

Additional information




.9334 oz

Coin Year


Product Type


Face Value

100 Francs



You may also like…

Customer Reviews