Since 1988, the Royal Canadian Mint has struck the Silver Maple Leaf coins. However, beginning in 2014, these coins began to have a special security feature involving radial lines and a micro-engraved maple leaf. On top of that, the RCM has a reputation as a technological pioneer in the industry because of its extensive history of “firsts” such as creating the first .9999 fine silver coin. Other firsts include colored, hologram, square coins, and coins featuring a special security detail.
- Monster Box of 500 coins
- Each coin is made from .9999 fine silver and weighs 1 troy ounce
- Produced by the Royal Canadian Mint
- Brilliant Uncirculated Condition
- Face value of $5 CAN
- Legal Canadian Tender
- Features the Royal Canadian Mint’s MintShield – a technological advancement significantly reducing the probability of milk spot growth
- Obverse: Features a right-facing portrait of Queen Elizabeth II designed by artist Susanna Blunt, over a background of radial lines. Inscriptions: “ELIZABETH II,” year of mintage, and face value.
- Reverse: Depicts a clear image of a Maple Leaf along with inscriptions “CANADA”, “ARGENT PUR”, “.9999 Fine Silver”, and the weight. A micro-engraved maple leaf security mark appears on this design as well.