The Lunar Ox
The Perth Mint’s Lunar Coin Series I, II, and III feature yearly changing designs, and the 2021 Year of The Ox Lunar Gold coin features the Year of the Ox for the third time in the history of the Gold Lunar coins. Those born under the sign of the Chinese Lunar Ox in 2021, 2009, 1997, 1985, 1973, and every 12th preceding year are said to be kind, intelligent, honest, and reliable. Admired for their strong work ethic, logical mindset and calm demeanor, they are recognized as great leaders.
- Contains 2 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Mintage of no more than 30,000 pieces.
- Packaged in a protective capsule
- Obverse: The Jody Clark effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the weight and fineness, and the monetary denomination.
- Reverse: Portrays a stylized representation of an ox among bamboo stalks. Also included in the design is the Chinese character for “ox”, the inscription “OX 2021” and The Perth Mint’s “P” mint mark.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.