The Royal Arms of England was first developed and flown by King Richard I, better known as Richard the Lionheart. The shield features the Three Lions of England depicted in passant guardant stance. For 200 years, this exact shield was used by English monarchs in the House of Plantagenet.
- Available to you inside of protective plastic capsules!
- 1st issue of Gibraltar gold coins with the Royal Arms of England design!
- Limited mintage of only 5,000 coins!
- Contains 1 Troy oz of .9999 pure gold in BU condition.
- The face value of 5 (GBP) is fully backed by Gibraltar.
- Queen Elizabeth II features on the obverse.
- Richard the Lionhearts Royal Arms of England appear on the reverse.
Richard the Lionheart is known to most in the West as one of the leading monarchs to answer the call of the Catholic Church to pursue a crusade in the Middle East to retake the Holy Land. Back home in England, King Richard I was one of the greatest Plantagenet kings and created the famous Royal Arms of England still used by monarchs in some form today.
All 2018 1 oz British Royal Arms of England Gibraltar Gold Coins are available to you through this listing in Brilliant Uncirculated condition. The small, rocky outcrop represents the southernmost tip of the Iberian Peninsula on the European continent and is just miles from the African mainland. Gibraltar is a British Overseas Territory controlled by England since 1704. The coins ship individually with protective capsules.