One of the statues was the Unicorn of Scotland – a mythical beast that many believed had the powers of healing, this horned horse was chosen by William I (William the Lion) in the Scottish coat of arms starting in the 12th century.
The reverse design showcases the Unicorn of Scotland, standing on its rear legs with its front hooves dangling over the royal badge of England, which includes an image of the Lion of England.
The obverse design features the latest effigy of Queen Elizabeth II, the same portrait as seen on all coins in the British Queen’s Beast Collection. Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II is captured in right-profile relief, this artwork created in 2015 by Royal Mint engraver Jody Clark
- Made from .9999 fine gold with a weight of ¼ oz.
- Minted by the British Royal Mint.
- Comes in Brilliant Uncirculated Condition.
- Individual coin comes in a plastic flip
- Struck with a £25 (GBP) face value.
- 4th coin issued in the popular Queen’s Beasts series.
- UK legal tender coin backed by the UK Government.
- Obverse: Features the effigy of Queen Elizabeth II. Inscriptions: “Elizabeth II”, “D.G. REG F.D” (Queen by the Grace of God) and the coin’s denomination.
- Reverse: Showcases a stylized image of the Unicorn of Scotland. Engravings: “2018”, along with the purity and weight.